- Individual Psychological Assessment and Treatment sessions: $225 per 50 minute session
- Surrogacy, Autism, Medico-legal assessments: $230 per hour, fee applies for consultation, administration and scoring of psychometric tests and report writing
- Consultation and Supervision for Clinicians: $170 per hour
- Student/Concession discounts available on request, depending on individual circumstances
- Payment by cash, cheque, EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard or direct bank transfer is accepted. HICAPS is available on the day for instant Medicare and private health claiming.
Referrals & Rebates
It is not necessary to have a referral to see a psychologist. However you may be eligible for a rebate if assessed by a GP, Psychiatrist, or Paediatrician, who then refer under a Mental Health Care Plan.
Rebates can be claimed from Medicare if you have a GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician referral and are currently $124.50 per session. The amount of the gap payment will depend on the service provided (e.g. for a standard therapy session the gap is approximately $100). Some clients and families reach the Medicare safety net during the year, and then attract a higher rebate – up to 80% of the consultation fee.
To obtain the Medicare rebate you will need a referral from a Psychiatrist, GP or Paediatrician who writes a Mental Health Care Plan for psychological services. Currently this allows for 6 sessions plus 4 more under certain criteria. Under certain conditions you may also be eligible for 10 group sessions. When booking an appointment with your GP, please advise the receptionist that it is to arrange a MHCP, or request a longer session (GPs require a longer session to arrange the Plan and use a specific Medicare item for this.
Private Health Funds
Please note: Rebates vary with private funds, so please check with your provider to confirm the rebate amount and if clinical psychology services are covered by your Private Health Fund.
HICAPS is available on the day for instant Medicare and private health claiming with your Medicare or private health insurance card. Alternatively you can present invoices to Medicare or your private health fund.
As with most businesses, cancellation fees reflect the time set aside for the session, and the cost of renting the space. 48 hours notice is required for cancellations or rescheduling of appointments, otherwise the full fee will be charged. However, when more than 24 hours notice of cancellation is provided, I will endeavour to offer your appointment time to another client, and if the session is re-allocated no fee will be charged.
Medicare and private health fund rebates do not apply to missed appointments or cancellation fees. Please text or phone on 0401671300 during business hours.